Saturday 10 January 2015

OUGD601 / Context of Practice - Heavenly chocolate: Promotional video.

OUGD601. 
HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE. 
PROMOTIONAL VIDEO. 

Today with just under a week left until the deadline, I decided to go back and work with After effects to try and see if I could put the video together I had been hoping to. I already have the digital illustrations needed to create each of the frames and so it was mainly a case of planning out the frames and going to visit Mike Flowers to get help in learning how to do the consistent transition pattern that I would put on each of my frames. 

The video advertisement would be a platform of great benefits as it would reach a large range of people as discussed in eMarketer (2014), It would also provide an alternative place for viewers and consumers to experience the brand in a more interactive and exciting way. In my extended writing research I found that it was emphasised how important word of mouth marketing in which people choose to share things will each other based on personal opinion had become, in the crowd of competitors trying to win each other over in a battle of dazzling advertisements. 


I began to sketch up ideas of how I wanted each each slide to transition and tell the story, based upon the wrapper I had designed. I knew that in order to increase consumer interest I would have to cute the amount of words down on each slide thus making the video longer. However with a quick pace, and music I planned to add in the later stages (to increase interest and control pace of the video) I knew that I could word to keep the viewer/ consumer involved. 








I planned to keep the transitions simple in each video not only to keep viewers from being overwhelmed but also due to my lack of experience with the software. The general pattern I wanted to incorporate into the videos and discussed with mike, was to create a string of frames in which information on each slide would pop up one by one (represented in orderly numbers on my sketches) as if being read in time to the music.  


Mike firstly showed my the easiest way to set up my slides with the illustrations I had created in illustrator. He noted that everything I wanted to appear at a different time, needed to be on its on layer. Therefore I created 28 slide frameworks in illustrator, all with the different components that would arrive on screen at different times on different layers. 










I then went into importing them into After effects opening them as files and retaining the layers I have created in illustrator. Mike Helped me to set up a frame work in illustrator so that the slides I created were in the exact format needed for my After effects composition.



After I imported my frames they show up in my project tab ready for editing. 



After double clicking on whichever slide I want to work on, it comes up in the bottom menu, where I am able to edit the order and when each layer shows up on the frame. 




I am able to do this by looking at the names of the layers, which for each slide I have labelled with the order I want them to arrive in making the process easier. 


The time in which each separate component arrives on the slide can be determined by the grey bars seen below. Here I have stack them in an order and set up that allows the layers to flick up one after another in the order I desire. 


The order of each separate slide is then determined by another stacking of bars in the main composition tab in which the slides can be lengthened, shortened started and cut off anywhere in the composition. In order to know where this should be, I used the music as a template for the best times to change slide, by listening to the beat and rhythm. 



The video begins simply with the identifiable logo, which them zooms out to reveal a book titles the Heavenly story. An interesting and grabbing visual. 


The video instantly starts to the beat symbolising action and importance. The animation is pictured against a bright yellow background, a colour seen across the branding, radiating positivity. 


the rest of the illustrations/text for the slide are introduced on following beats in the music.




Although my experience with the program is limited, I also played around with the positioning tool as well to create some other interesting compositions in a bid to not lose consumer interest. 



Another element I played with you inject fun and excitement into the piece was pace, taking advantage when the music speeds up to speed up the pace of the video, as in the section below, which makes the video seem increasingly lighthearted, and almost chatty rather than over educational and patronising. 





The video finishes with the clear statement showing the way to find Heavenly media across social media. 


and skips to a frame identical to the first in order to come full circle. 



When looking for music to combine with the piece I wanted to avoid the depressing melodies found to be paired with most green causes, products, services and charities and instead totally oppose this precedent image and standard. I wanted to music to be inspiring and uplifting which would in affect motivate people to make change. Not stress and depress them coupled with a list of overwhelmingly long negative facts. The video needs to propose a new movement in which green advertising is produced through a positive lens, inspiriting viewers and providing them with the desire to make a difference. Thus by doing so, people will want to share this great EXPERIENCE. That in essence is what Heavenly aims to be, a great, inviting, inspiring, positive, fun, sustainable experience. 

Therefore In terms of music choice I came across a great track by Ghost Loft titled so high. The track has a very 'awakening sound' creating a musical vibe that something great is building up. The song is very self empowering, and also very calming via soft vocals and an electric guitar allowing there to be some seriousness to the video, but not so much that the viewer is put off.  





Adding music really helped me to figure out a pace for the video and when the best time was to switch slides and introduce content. I felt that adding music definitely made the video more interesting to watch, as it added another dimension and helped to carry the viewer through the slides.


FINISHED PRODUCT:

 

















  

No comments:

Post a Comment